2017 went by so quickly and 2018 already started. Recapping the highlights of 2017 I can say I’ve achieved 3 out of the 5 goals I set earlier this year.
- I’ve managed to finally revamp the design of this blog and made it mobile friendly, it is not 100% where I want it yet.
- Started my own channel on Youtube. Just Another Dang How To Channel and gained around 170+ subscribers and 48K views in the first year.
- Passive income added with some investments in term deposit and bought more Philippine stocks
Then I set out some very ambitious projects that I started but lost steam
- Registered Quonsepto Limited company
- Started to create a WP plugin
- Signed up for Merch by Amazon
For 2018 I won’t put too much attention on the money aspect of doing something. I want to do some damn fine work, something that I enjoy doing and I feel proud of showing it to others.
- Improve my listing for Merch By Amazon
- Improve the video quality on my Youtube channel
- Enhance the usability and creativity of this blog
- Build my Quonsepto company
For the financial side of things, this is kinda ambitious and far fetch but would like it to be a reality.
- Pay off the Philippine house loan by the end of 2018
- Save enough for a downpayment for new house in NZ for 2019.
Check out my channel and subscribe.
2017 is just around the corner, 2016 may go down as my most memorable year. I have lost a very dear someone, but amidst all of that I have grown mentally stronger and I can say I have achieved most of the goals I have set.
Listing some highlights of my year.
- Financial growth
- achieved my target stock portfolio
- paid house mortgage extra to decrease the monthly amortizations
- increased my mutual funds and emergency funds
- slowly achieving my retirement plan
- Career growth
- got promoted at work
- grew my skills and looked up as being an expert
- attended my first ever Dreamforce
- Family and health
- family is whole again as they have migrated to NZ and followed me here
- been consistently fit as I have been to the gym religiously for the past two years(but still need to fix my diet). Got into 75KG bulk and cutting down to 73KG.
- crossed off from my bucket list as family got a new SUV
- and new baby on the way!!
Now setting some very ambitious goal for 2017. Goals without a plan simply a wish.
- Build my way up to Technical Architect
- Be a Salesforce MVP
- Revamp my blog again(I say this every year)
- Be a Youtuber – I want to get back to my basic roots and just be creative again, I’ll dabble back in graphics design and venture into video editing
- Have another source of passive income
It’s that time of the year again where you look back and reflect on what you have accomplished and things youÂ were not able to achieved.
Achieved Goals for 2014:
- This year I started out with a goal to start investing for the future. I got into insurance, stocks, mutual funds and having 6 months emergency funds handy. I surpassed the goals I’ve set. My next goal for next year is to double those amount.
- Migrated to New Zealand for a better standard of living. Been living in New Zealand for almost 9 months now. I don’t have my family with me which is the sad thing about the process but goal next year is to finally bring them here.
- I wanted to grow and gain more experience with Saleforce and get involved in client facing projects. Achieved that to the company that employed me as a Senior Consultant for Business Apps.
- Health side, I have been eating healthy and been working out daily. Increased my body mass from 65KG to 71KG.
In progress Goals for 2015:
- Passed the DEV 501 multiple choice for salesforce but failed the programming assignment. Will retry again next year.
- Took that Sales Cloud Certification and failed as I was unprepared. Will retake again next year.
- Take the Service Cloud Certification.
- Apply for Permanent Residence in New Zealand
- Learn mobile programming
- Get PHP Certified
- Start a passive income project or app
- Blog more and revamp for usability.
- Be Salesforce MVP
- Revive my travel and gobble websiteÂ ( come up with a better use for it)
This is the initial draft and will add/remove more goals along the way for 2015.