Created a video for installing apache ant on Mac running on MacOS Sierra and here is the steps to follow along.
- Download Apache Ant to your desktop and unzip the files
- Rename the folder to ant
- Open the Terminal
- Move the files to /usr/local
sudo mv ~/desktop/ant ~/usr/local/ant
- Fix the permission
chown -R root:wheel /usr/local/ant
- Edit the bash_profile with your favorite editor
sudo vi .bash_profile
- Add the path to the ant bin directory
- Save and exit your editor
- Test out if ant was successfully installed.
Other Notes: If you are getting an error when you run any commands:
Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/lib/tools.jar
This means you do not have the Java JDK installed. Go to java.com and download and install the JDK.
Edit your bash_profile and update the path for the JAVA_HOME.
Subscribe to my Youtube channel for more how to video tutorials.