Been procrastinating and holding off getting this Superbadge for some time as it seems to be too much material to cover. With some deadlines imposed by Salesforce for partners to get accredited for Lightning, I eventually got into it. So I sat this one and got my first superbadge.
There are a total of 8 challenges and 2 quizzes to check your knowledge. Took me around 8-10 hours to finish in a span of three days as I did them after work.
Takeaways from the challenge
- First is setting up and installing the managed package on a Trailhead playground requires some fiddling around. Login to trailhead on incognito and create a new playground, get the password for the user and it asks you for a security question just enter “Blank”. After this, you can install the package on that playground.
- The lightning migration tool does most of the analysis for you. Go over the readiness reports and relate them to the requirements to come up with a solution.
- Check challenge button shows tips on what’s wrong based on your progress on the challenge and sometimes shows more details of the requirement. I find myself checking challenge here and there but if you get stuck then google is your friend and check the developer forums.
- If you are not comfortable with a particular challenge, say styling the VF page, read up more or check the associated trailhead badge. I’m pretty sure most admins will get stuck on this one.
- You need to switch around classic and lightning to get some configuration or setup done. I got stuck on the Report challenge as the Add Chart button was not showing on Lightning, works well on Classic.
If you need help completing the challenge hit the comments below and I’ll be glad to help. Good luck on getting that superbadge.